Table of Contents
The Higher Education Loans Board (HELB) offers assistance to Kenyan citizens to help pay for college. Applying for a HELB loan is done through the Board’s online portal, which makes the process quick and easy. To apply for a loan, you will need to create an account on the HELB portal, provide personal information, and submit your application.
How to Apply for a First Time HELB Loan
Applying for a HELB loan is a simple process. Follow these steps to get your application started:
- Create an account on the HELB portal: First, you’ll need to create a user account on the HELB portal. You will need to provide a valid email address and create a password for your account.
- Provide personal information: After creating an account, you will be asked to provide your personal information, such as your name, address, phone number, and other contact information.
- Submit your application: Once you’ve provided your personal information, you can submit your application. You will be asked to provide additional information, such as your academic history and financial need.
In order to be eligible for a HELB loan, you must meet certain criteria. To be eligible, you must:
- Be a Kenyan citizen.
- Be enrolled in an accredited college or university.
- Demonstrate financial need.
- Have a good academic record.
Application for 2022
The HELB portal is currently open for 2022 applications. The deadline for applications is May 31, 2022. If you have not yet applied for a HELB loan, it is important that you do so before the deadline.
The amount of time it takes to process a HELB loan application varies, depending on a variety of factors. Generally speaking, it can take up to 6 weeks for HELB to process a loan application. However, it is important to note that the processing time may be longer or shorter, depending on the complexity of the application.